Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I am a little late…

The RHOK
I am a little late on posting this, but I just couldn’t do it yesterday.  April 19.  What does this day mean to you?  Well, when it happened I was a sophomore in high school.  I had just transferred to Bray from Duncan.  We will leave out why I transferred, but let’s just say it was for the better.  I remember the event very well, but I don’t remember if I was glued to the TV all the time or not.  Probably not, I didn’t know anyone in the building, nor did I know anyone that had relatives in the building.  So, my life pretty much went on as it always did.  Although I do remember, seeing one particular image that brought tears to my eyes and still does to this day.  I can’t imagine anyone wanting to hurt another human being let alone hurt children.  Anyway, fast forward 7 years.  I moved to Oklahoma City and went to work for Federal Employees Credit Union, which in 1995 was housed in the Murrah Building and lost 18 employees.  There was a handful of employees that were actually in the building when the bomb went off that survived and were still working at FECU.  I had the pleasure of meeting these people and becoming great friends with them.  I said a little prayer for them yesterday and they were on my mind most of the day.  To listen to a few of their stories, click here:  http://www.allegiancecu.org/about-us/history-flash-video.html

2 comments:

  1. Gena, thank you for posting. It's okay that it is late, we leave the MckLinky open for a week, we are housewives, we understand! I will definitely listen to your link! ♥Mrs. Hart♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for participating in our MckLinky!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails