Thursday, April 22, 2010

Every Mom is entitled to a little break down, right??

Ok, so this is what my husband says, he says that us Moms are allowed to break down every once in a while.  We don’t have to be the perfect Mom, the perfect wife and the perfect woman all the time.  I am not saying I am trying to be perfect, but I do, however, like to have everything in order and everything running smoothly all the time.  We have a system and I like to stick to it, routine is good!  Well, the other day, I had a horrible headache all day at work, I had a lot of things on my mind and Gracie had once again bawled her head off for me NOT to leave her at daycare.  By the time I got off work, all I wanted to do was go home and snuggle on the couch with Gracie.  Well, when I got to daycare, she once again bawled her head off, but this time it was to stay.  Make up your mind child, seriously!  So, I kind of, ok, I really broke down right there and just left.  I left her there, and called her dad to go pick her up after work.  I cried all the way home.  After I sat there at home on the couch by myself for an hour, I finally got over my little breakdown.  It is tough being a mom, I guess no one has ever said it was easy!  Now, I am second guessing myself, should I have just picked her up and walked out, kicking and screaming, did I just teach her she can get her way??  Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails