Friday, February 17, 2012

Worry Wart

Do you ever go through your day worrying about things and then praying for those things?  I can be sitting here at my desk and a thought will just pop into my mind, then I will start to worry about it.  I am a worry wart, but I have learned to starting leaning on God for comfort.

We are doing a new small group, 40 days in the word, and we are suppose to pick a project that we will help out.  One of the projects that has been listed is the “backpack buddies.”  These students who don’t have enough money and won’t be able to eat for a while, get backpacks full of food on Friday’s.  They are excited about this backpack, because it has awesome food in it.  One child who isn’t a buddy, asked his dad if he can be one, because those kids get beef jerky in their backpack.   This is happening in my hometown, and I am saddened by it.  I can’t imagine little kids having to take food home to provide for their family.  My thoughts immediately go to “what is going on at home?”  Where are their parents, do they work, do they get food stamps? 

I have a lot of things running through my mind about what to do, but does anyone else??  Let me know your thoughts

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.  1 Peter 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails