Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Living Life…

Yesterday, on my way home, I was listening to Joel Osteen preach on the radio.  I found myself mesmerized by what he was saying and forgetting if I stopped at the stop sign or not.  Has anyone ever done that?  I also found myself crying as well, not only was I crying, but Joel, himself started crying on the radio. 

He was preaching about loving life and how you live it.   What if this was your last day on Earth and you knew it, would you still treat people the same way?  Would you still yell and cuss at the guy that cut you off on the way to work?  What if he had an emergency he was trying to get to.  Would you still yell at the cashier who was rude and didn’t speak to you?  What if she had a family member dying, or what if she was just diagnosed with a disease herself?  You never know what is going on in people’s lives, so there should be no reason for you to go off on them.  You should always portray yourself as Jesus would.  Live your life like Jesus would.  He wouldn’t get mad about that guy that cut him off, he would pray for him to have a safe trip.  He wouldn’t get mad at the cashier, he would ask her how her day was, and tell her to have a good one, and then he would probably pray for her. 

I want to be this kind of example for my child, I want to show her you should never be rude or blow up about some little thing.  It is not worth getting your panties in a wad over the little things in life.  It really matters how you live your life!

Be an example of God’s patience, mercy and grace.  Your kids are watching.

But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners.  Then others will realize that they, too, can believe in him and receive eternal life.  1 Timothy 1:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails