Monday, February 20, 2012

Whining….

I don’t know if there was something in the air yesterday, but it seemed all Gracie did yesterday was whine about stuff.  And of course, back talk.  If I said go put on your shoes, she started whining, saying she couldn’t.  Brian said to clean your room, she says But Mom said… UGH!

So, at the end of the night last night, after many, many pleas for her to Do what is right and obey, I finally called her over to read a scripture from the bible.  This is what I read:

Do everything without grumbling or arguing  Philippians 2:14

OF which, by the way, they learned about obeying your parents in Sunday School yesterday too, apparently she wasn’t listening that well.  After I read the scripture to her, I asked her what it meant, and she said, quit whining!  I said YES, Jesus wants us to do all things without whining!!  Which is sometimes hard even for me to do, but I get it at least, and at least I am trying to instill that in Gracie.

On another note, we went out to eat yesterday after church, and I saw someone who had gotten saved at church yesterday, I told her Congratulations, I am so happy for you.  Gracie immediately belted out, Did she have another baby?  SHHHHHHSH!  So, began the conversation of going to Heaven and how to get saved.  Gracie said you are not suppose to go to Heaven until you are old.  So, Brian and I explained it to her as much as we thought she would understand, but I think she was still a little confused on how to get Jesus in your heart.  A conversation I am sure we will have again, and it may be sooner than later.

One more thing, if you are into reading books, you need to read this one, I have laughed the whole way through it!  Ketchup is a Vegetable and other lies moms tell themselves, is so funny!

http://www.amazon.com/Ketchup-Vegetable-Other-Themselves-ebook/dp/B0065B0ONQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1329755620&sr=8-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails