Tuesday, February 22, 2011

You are more…

Sometimes things in life just have a way of working themselves out.  It is really funny how they work out, but they always do.  I am amazed to see some of the changes and good stuff  that is happening around me.  My cousin’s little boy is actually starting to talk a little, Thank you lord!  He is mimicking what his parents are saying, which is awesome!  Good job Colie Polie!  I am getting baptized Sunday night, that is a big change.

Gracie stopped going to children’s church, her choice, but she LOVES staying in her actual class, and helping out Miss Della.  If she loves doing it, then I am not going to pressure her to go to a different class.  Last night, talking to Brian, I told him, how I didn’t know but maybe 3 or 4 stories of the bible, literally.  I am not ashamed to admit it, I just don’t know them.  So, he suggested that while reading Gracie her bedtime story, I get her picture bible out and read that to her, that way we both learn the stories.  Needless to say, we learned a lot last night.  Gracie also sang the Father Abraham song to me, which was a nice treat.

Brian and I are having to do our daily devotionals at night for our marriage class, which makes us talk about things, that we normally wouldn’t talk about.  And it is nice to sit down and talk every once in a while.

Also, we are having date nights at church, to go along with the marriage class.  We are dropping Gracie off this Friday, and Brian & I are going on a date!  For 3 whole hours we get to be alone.  What are we going to do??

It is really nice to see all the good things happening in my life and my family’s lives, and believe me I am so thankful for them. 

SO, on that note, I heard a song this morning, that said:

You are more than the choices that you've made,
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes,
You are more than the problems you create,
You've been remade.

If we all believe in our hearts that this is true, we can truly move on from the bad stuff in our lives, and start enjoying the good stuff.  That is what matters anyway right, the good stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails