Monday, February 28, 2011

A new day…

So, yesterday was a brand new day for me.  A whole new experience for me, that I was so ready for, and didn’t know all this time.  I got baptized.  I think my husband was more anxious than me the whole day, I was ready for it, let’s get this show on the road!  I went behind the stage to get dressed and as we waited, one by one went in, I sat and waited patiently for my turn.  There it was, I was next, I asked if it was too late to go to the restroom :)  No turning back now, I walked out there, and smiled from ear to ear the whole time.  I kept thinking my face is on the big screen, you have to smile, plus I was happy!  I don’t remember a single word Brother Joe said to me, besides do you believe in Jesus, of course I answered Yes, Sir.   Then came the time to get out of the water, OH MY, first step, good night, second step, what in the world, everyone is watching me, third step, I’m out, and this robe has suctioned cupped itself to my body!  I thought, you need to get yourself off of that stage and fast.  I never thought about that part!!  And the towel, well I might as well had a washcloth, it didn’t cover ANYTHING!!  Oh well, that is not what we were there for right? 

baptize 
See I told you I was cheesing!  There I was on the big screen!

baptize1
I really don’t have to hold my nose to go under water!  Plus I think I grabbed my nose a little too quickly, he wasn’t ready yet.

It was a whole new day for me!  I couldn’t quit thinking about it last night, therefore I didn’t fall asleep until well after 11, but it was all worth it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails