Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Skillet Garlic Chicken

I am always looking for FAST recipes, especially during the summer.  I don’t want to spend my evening in the kitchen, plus, I have about 45 minutes until Brian gets home from work, and WHEN (yes, when) I cook dinner, I want it to be ready when he gets home.  I cook more in the winter than in the summer, because I would rather be outside playing than inside cooking.  We make a lot of sandwiches in the summer.  Anyway, I found this recipe and it says it takes 20 minutes to cook, so it is right up my alley, and it looks delish, can’t wait to try it:

Skillet Garlic Chicken
from Campbell's Kitchen
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.

1/4 teaspoon ground sage

1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves  (about 1 pound)

Vegetable cooking spray

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Healthy Request® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup

1/2 cup water

Parslied Rice

1. Stir the sage and thyme in a small bowl. Season the chicken with the sage mixture.
2. Spray a 12-inch nonstick skillet with the cooking spray and heat over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is well browned on both sides and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and keep warm.
3. Add the garlic to the skillet and cook and stir until lightly browned. Stir in the soup and water and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Serve the sauce over the chicken with the Parslied Rice.
4. Parslied Rice: Toss 4 cups hot cooked long-grain white rice with 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley.
Makes: 4 servings.

Sliced onions and mushrooms make great additions to this sauce. Sauté them with the garlic until the mushrooms are soft and onions are caramelized, then proceed with the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails