Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

WOW!  What a day!  I got stuffed, like the turkey I am!   I think I filled my belly way to full!  I got to make green bean casserole and take it to Brian’s grandparent’s this year, which didn’t turn out half bad.  It was cold by the time we got to eat it, but you know, I should have put it back in the oven.  Gracie even tried a bite of a little green bean, and not of a big green bean, because according to her, those make her really crazy! 

After lunch we went to my mom’s house, and had dessert.  My Aunt Teresa and my mom were doing crafts, and apparently we didn’t get the supply list.  But we got to help and have a good laugh, and no one wanted the snowball after it was finished. 

I am so very thankful for all of my family and friends and that I got to spend the day with most of them yesterday.  Those of you that I didn’t see, you were truly missed and I love you!  

Now, onto Christmas, the busiest month of the whole year.  We have parties, parades, I am on call for a week, Brian works every other Saturday,  wrapping presents, shopping time with my husband, and best of all CHRISTMAS!!  I am so excited I can hardly stand it.  I have always loved Christmas, it is become more about family than anything, and watching Gracie open her presents.  I love see the look on her face after each present is opened. 

The only thing I despise, and I am sure each and every one of you will agree, is getting those little toys out of the packages.  You have to have a PhD in Nuclear Radiation, and Engineering to get those little suckers out of those boxes.  I mean wire cutters, scissors, blow torches, hammers, drills, I have seen it all.  Is the toy really worth that much??  I say, yes, yes it is!!  NOW, go buy it!  Love y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails